Are you in the diaspora?
As a Kenyan in the diaspora, it is important to have a reliable financial institution back home to cater for your financial needs of investing, supporting your loved ones back home among others. ABC Bank is your reliable partner with: online account opening, round the clock, responsive customer service, reliable channels to remit funds, competitive interest and forex rates, investment opportunities and advice offered by vetted, reputable firms. Our diaspora banking services offer you a unique experience .
ABC Bank Diaspora Relationship Manager, Anthony Njenga, shares his journey in diaspora banking.
My earliest interaction with the diaspora was when my dad lived abroad when I was in school.
Back then he would send money back home by giving the cash to a trusted friend who was travelling back to Kenya. The channels for money remittances were few and very expensive making it inconvenient to send money for upkeep. These were the days I used to be so excited to go make a phone call to my dad at a call box, the old school telephones back in the days.
Years later after finishing high school, I got a chance to visit my family abroad. This time there were more channels but the challenge at the time was the difficulty for Kenyans in the diaspora to open accounts both in Kenya and outside the country. I remember someone had to have so many documents. The list of requirements was as long as a health check for an organ donor.
Fast forward to 2008, I got the opportunity to go abroad at a time where the Kenyan financial market was starting to focus on the Kenyan diaspora. It was so fulfilling to see how times had changed at the ease of sending money. I helped a lot of loved ones and customers open accounts and even helped them invest in property back home that year.
You may ask, why diaspora? As an actual beneficiary of my dad sending money back home when I was a child and seeing the challenges, progress and results of how the diaspora remittances has transformed my life and I am sure many other people, it’s my way of giving back and building better. To me, patriotism isn’t doing big heroic things, it’s doing my part in making life better for people in the diaspora since this enables them to invest back home and build a better country and a better future for our children.
Over my 15 years of banking experience, my fulfillment is in seeing the growth and progression of customers. From going abroad and sending money back home for upkeep, to building family homes and now investing in properties, seeing the small and big milestones that each person covers really gives me so much hope for a better tomorrow.
If you are in the diaspora, feel free to reach out to me and let’s have a chat on how we can support your financial needs whether it’s banking, investing or even insurance on 0724897462
Here’s what you will enjoy…
- Our current and savings accounts are all interest earning, so that your money works for you round the clock.
- Enjoy the convenience of managing your transactions through our robust mobile app and Internet Banking platform.
- We offer a variety of reasonably priced loan facilities
- Our interest rates on fixed, flexi-fixed and call deposits are simply amazing; comparable to the best in the market.
- super competitive forex rates
- We offer a wide array of remittance/money transfer options
- We work with great partners to offer various investment products – whether property, stocks, bills or bonds, you can trust us to offer you amazing deals with limited hassle.
- We have developed a unique bouquet of affordable, accessible insurance products to cater for unforeseen bumps in the road of life e.g. death of family members in Kenya or the repatriation of a loved one who passes on outside the country.
- Our team is available to you 24/7 and offers warm, personalized service. We tend to go out of our way for our customers a great deal, for example, purchasing air tickets for customers that need our help, or delivering Valentine’s gifts for loved ones. With us, you are family.
Feel free to browse through some of the articles we have written in the past about my unique diaspora experiences and insights.
If you’d like to chat with us further, please fill out the form and we will be in touch in 24hrs