TERMS AND CONDITIONS
The following terms and conditions apply to the African Banking Corporation Limited (ABC Bank) Refer and Win contest (the “contest”) and by participating in the contest you will be deemed to have read, understood and accepted the same:
1. Contest Period
The Contest will run for 12 weeks from April 09, 2018 to July 27, 2018 (“Promotion Period”).
The Contest is ONLY open to customers of ABC Bank living in the Diaspora
3. Entry into the Contest
Participation in the Contest is automatic and is based on sharing successful referrals with the Bank. A successful referral is one that results in account opening at ABC Bank by the referral.
- Weekly prizes of shopping vouchers worth Kes 5,000
- Monthly prizes of Rent payment of up to Kes 20,000 or actual value of the rent payable, whichever is lower
- A grand prize to the Diaspora customer or their nominee of an Airline economy class ticket worth up to Kes 100,000 or actual value of the ticket, whichever is lower.
- There may be a number of other prizes to be awarded. All the prizes will be at the discretion of ABC Bank.
- The prizes may be changed, modified, cancelled, varied at the discretion of ABC Bank whose decision will be final.
5. Award Criteria
- Weekly prizes will be awarded to the customer with the highest number of opened accounts for that week and in case there is a tie, the customer will the highest value from the accounts opened that week
- Monthly prizes will be awarded to the customer with the highest number of accounts opened during that month or to the customer with the highest value from the accounts opened in case there is a tie
- The grand prize will be awarded to the customer whose referral accounts have the highest closing balances with a minimum value of USD 10,000 from all accounts opened during the period.
- An account opened must have average balance of USD 1000 or equivalent by the end of the award period
- Winner of the grand prize will be expected to cater for themselves any incidental expenses e.g hotel accommodation, Visa fees etc.
6. Draws & Selection of Winners
- Draws will be conducted by Judges appointed by ABC Bank at such a time as may be selected by the Bank from time to time
- ABC Bank will select the winners based on the contests rules and regulations. Any decisions made on the winner by ABC BANK shall be final and binding. ABC Bank may select additional reserve winners to replace any winners of any of the prizes who are subsequently disqualified.
- A winner can win a weekly or monthly award only once during the Promotion Period.
- Campaign updates, news and details of winners will be published on our website, abcthebank.com and on our Facebook, Twitter and Instagram pages. Winners may be contacted using the contact details provided when they registered for the contest. We encourage our customers to follow us on Social media to stay up to date.
7. Other terms and conditions
- ABC Bank reserves the right to verify the validity of entries and to disqualify any entrant who tampers with the entry process or uses fraudulent means to unfair advantage.
- The awards are transferable to a third party that a winner may choose. However no cash or other alternative shall be offered for the prizes.
- By accepting the prizes, you will be deemed to have granted ABC Bank the right to use and publish your name and picture in such media as ABC Bank may choose (including but not limited to the internet and other media) for advertising and promotional purposes without additional consideration.
- The Bank shall use the information/contacts provided by the participants of the contest to market its products or services to them. The Bank shall use the information strictly for marketing purposes and shall not disclose the information received by it to any third parties.
- ABC Bank reserves the right to suspend or terminate the Promotion or amend these terms and conditions at any time for any technical or commercial reason. Any amendment to these terms and conditions will be published on our website.
- Employees of ABC Group of Companies, and any other supplier or third party directly involved with the facilitation of this Promotion and their immediate families and dependants shall not be eligible to participate in this Promotion. Each prize winner will be required to declare or affirm in the Form of Discharge that they do not belong to any of the restricted groups of persons.
- Winners who do not claim their prizes within a period of three (3) months from the closing date of the Promotion will be deemed to have forfeited the same.
- Any clause of these conditions which is found or which later violates any provision of Kenyan law shall be deemed severed from the rest of the terms and conditions.
- Any dispute arising from these terms shall be determined by arbitration according to the Arbitration Act of Kenya. The arbitrator shall be appointed by both parties or failing an agreement, shall be appointed by the chairman of the Kenya Bankers’ Association. The decision of the Arbitrator shall be final and binding.